‘Nurturing little acorns into sturdy oaks.’
ETHOS AND VALUES
- We create an ethos of respect, care and responsibility in a family atmosphere.
- We are a school where children participate, excel and take pride in their achievements.
- We are at the heart of our community, providing a range of services for everyone.
AIMS OF WOOD END INFANT & PRE-SCHOOL
Wood End School aims to provide a happy, secure and fun learning environment which, in partnership with parents and the wider community:
- Provides a stimulating, challenging and relevant curriculum;
- Develops pupils’ intellectual, social and life skills;
- Harnesses innate enthusiasm for life-long learning and develops lively enquiring minds;
- Develops children’s confidence and belief in themselves and their abilities;
- Gives children the skills to express their own opinions, and to listen to and respect the views of others;
- Celebrates differences and avoids stereotyping;
- Develops a love and respect for the beauty in our immediate environment and the world beyond;
- Allows spontaneity to shine through by providing creative opportunities;
- Develops independence in thought, action and deed.